Sports Desk (Hyderabad). Sunrisers Hyderabad defeated Rajasthan Royals by 5 wickets in a match played in IPL-12 on Friday night. Rajasthan, who were batting first by winning the toss in the match, scored 198 runs on two wickets. For Rajasthan, Sanju Samson scored 102 * in the first season of the tournament. In reply, Sunrisers Hyderabad scored a target of 5 wickets in 19 overs. On behalf of Hyderabad, David Warner consistently scored the second half century.
– In this match, Sanju Samson scored 102 * at 55 balls while making a tremendous batting for Rajasthan. He became the first batsmen to score a century in IPL-12. This is the second consecutive year of his IPL career. At the same time Captain Rahane played an innings of 70 off 49 balls. But the team still could not win.
– Hyderabad, chasing the target of 199 runs, started a quick start. David Warner (69) and Jonny Bairstow (45) shared a 110-run partnership for the first wicket in 9.4 overs. Warner played an innings of 69 in 37 balls and Samson dismissed the Century.
– Stokes dismissed Warner. Shreyas Gopal sent Bairstow to the pavilion. Captain Kane Williamson (14) and Vijay Shankar (35) added 47 runs for the third wicket after two wickets fell for 117 runs. Then Shreyas Gopal hit Vijay Shankar and Manish Pandey on two consecutive balls.
After this, Yusuf Pathan (16 *) and Rashid Khan (15 *) gave the team a lead of 34 runs. Rashid gave the team a chance with a six on Archer's ball. Hyderabad's first win in this tournament
Rashid becomes player of the match
– In the match, leg-spinner Rashid Khan of Hyderabad played spin bowling. He gave only 24 runs in four overs and took important wicket of Butler. He dismissed Butler for the fourth time in T20. At the same time, Rashid scored 15 * in the batting and shared 34 runs with Pathan (16 *).
In this match, Hyderabad team also achieved its biggest target of IPL tournament. In the first year of 2018, Hyderabad won a match against Delhi by scoring 191 runs on one wicket.
Earlier, Rajasthan Royals decided to bat first by winning the toss. The team did not start well Butler (5) was bowled by leg spinner Rashid Khan in the fourth over. After this, captain Ajinkya Rahane (70) and Sanju Samson (102 *) made spectacular batting. Both of them added 119 runs for the second wicket.
Pizza delivery boy showing in stadium
– There was a strange incident during the match when the match had to be stopped due to the arrival of a pizza delivery boy in the stadium. This incident happened in the 12th over during the innings of Rajasthan Royals. When play-play Sanju Samson suddenly withdrew from the front.
– During this time Vijay Shankar tried to bowl on behalf of Hyderabad, Sanju Samson, standing in front of the batting crease, got out of the way while stopping him. They told the problem of the site screen, and after that they started pointing towards someone.
– When a TV camera showed that place, a pizza boy found pizza in hand and looking for someone for delivery. In fact, during the batting, if there is any movement in the stand in front of the batsmen or if a viewer is standing then he starts having difficulty in playing. This is why Samson was having trouble.
– The video of this incident has been shared by the BCCI on the official website of IPL which is becoming quite viral. It is shared on the website when the pizza delivery boy halted play with captions.