Sports Desk (Bengaluru). In a very exciting encounter played on Thursday night in the IPL-12, Mumbai Indians defeated Royal Challengers Bangalore by 6 runs. While batting first in the match, Mumbai scored 187 runs. In reply, Bangalore's team could only score 181 runs. The match was decided on the last ball. On the last ball, Bengaluru had to score 7 runs to win, but the batsmen could not score any runs. The big deal was that Malinga's ball was no-ball, but the umpire did not pay attention to it. Which led to the match being played out of Bengaluru. After the defeat, Bangalore captain Virat Kohli showed great resentment on this.
Virat angry on the umpire
– Shivam, who was batting on the last ball of the match, played a shot on the long-on, but he felt that the team has lost, so they did not take any runs. However, when TV replays were shown, Malinga's foot was out of line and it was a no-ball. However, field umpire Sundaram Ravi could not see it.
– Bengaluru paid the price of this big negligence of the umpire on the last ball of the match, defeating the match. After which Virat's anger broke out on poor umpiring. In the press conference after the match, he said, "We are playing IPL, no club level tournament. The umpire should have kept his eye open. Such a decision on the last ball is very bad. If such decisions come in close matches, then I do not know what will happen, the umpires should have been more vigilant. '
– Because of this negligence of the umpire, Bangalore does not get a free hit and an extra ball. If the umpire gave him the no-ball, it would not only give Bengaluru an extra run but also a free hit and an extra ball.
– In the last over of the match, Bangalore were to score 17 runs to win, but the team could score only 10 runs. In this over, Shivam had installed a six. If the umpire gave no ball to Malinga's last ball, it was not difficult to score six runs for Shivam on the next two balls. But due to the umpire's negligence, the match came out of Bengaluru's hand.
– Mumbai captain Rohit Sharma also resented this negligence. He tweeted, "When we went out of the field, we came to know about this, such decisions are not good for sports. Such decisions can be very heavy in close matches. ' Let us tell you that S Ravi, who is not able to see the noball, is the only Indian umpire in the panel of Elite umpire of the ICC.
Kohli completes 5000 runs in match
– Virat scored 46 runs in the match. After completing his last innings of innings, he also completed his 5,000 runs in IPL. They are the second cricketer of the world to do this. He achieved this point in 157th innings. Along with this, he became the fastest player to score 5000 runs. He left behind Raina (173 innings).
Bumrahah becomes 'Player of the Match'
Jaspreet Bumrah scored 3 for 20 in 4 overs. During this time he took wickets of Virat Kohli, Shimran Hetmayer, Colin D. Grandhomme. Bumrah took a wicket with 5 runs in the 19th over of the innings and took one wicket in the 17th over with a wicket. His total of IPL has been 67 wickets.
Mumbai Indians – 187/8 (Rohit – 48, Suryakumar – 38, Yuvraj – 23)
Royal Challengers Bangalore – 181/5 (Virat-46, De Villiers-70 *)
Result- Mumbai won the match by 6 runs
Rohit did the tweet
Rohit: I got to know about the no-ball as #FriendsFamily #CricketMeriJaan #MumbaiIndians #RCBvMI
– Mumbai Indians (@mipaltan) 28 March 2019