Shikhar Dhawan has been awarded the Man of the Match for his match winning knock of 97 *. In the IPL match, Delhi defeated Kolkata by 7 wickets, 7 years later on Eden, the feat, and Dhawan's innings
Sports Desk (Kolkata). Delhi Capitals defeated Kolkata Knight Riders by 7 wickets in a match played here on Friday night in IPL-12, winning the second consecutive win. Kolkata Knight Riders had scored 178/7 in their first batting, in reply, Delhi won 3 wickets in 18.5 overs. Colin Ingram gave Delhi a victory by winning six. For Delhi, Shikhar Dhawan scored 97 *, he was named Man of the Match. During the match, he also made an unwanted IPL record. In the past seven years, Delhi has defeated Kolkata on its home ground for the first time. Last time he did this year in 2012.
Dhawan has won the match Jitu Ening …
– Shikhar Dhawan scored an unbeaten 97 off Delhi, his best score in the T20 format. This is their 50th fifa in this format. Dhawan shared a 105-run partnership with Pant for the third wicket. While Shane Shaw was 14, Captain Shreyas Iyer scored 6 and Colin Ingram scored 14 *.
Earlier, KKR had scored 178 runs at 7 wickets. During this, Opener Shubhaman Gill made 65 runs, the second Fifty of the IPL career. Andre Russell scored 45 off 21 balls. That included three fours and four sixes.
– Ishant made Kolkata's opener on the first ball of the match which made Denly bold. Subsequently, Subhman shared 63 runs for the second wicket with Uthappa, 30 runs for the third wicket with Rana and 22 runs for the fourth wicket with Russell.
– Chris Morris, Kagiso Rabada and Chemo Paul took 2-2 wickets on the Delhi Capitals. While Russell took one wicket Russell's IPL has completed 1000 runs and 50 wickets. Andre Russell reached this position in the lowest 57 games.
Dhawan turned 'man of the match', created a spoof record
– Opener Shikhar Dhawan of Delhi becomes Man of the Match. He played an innings of 97 * at 63 ball. This is his best score in the IPL. Earlier, his best score was 95 *. Which they made in 2011 against Kings XI Punjab.
– During the match Shikhar Dhawan has also recorded an unmarked IPL record. He has scored 90 or more runs in most of the tournaments and has not been out of knockout batsmen.
This was Dhawan's third IPL career, when he scored 90+ runs, not out of the pavilion. After this list, four names of RCB team captain Virat Kohli and batsmen come in the list, who have done this twice or so.
Apart from Virat Kohli, veterans like Virender Sehwag, David Warner, Shane Watson and Jos Buttler have also not returned to the knockout stage by having scored 90 or more runs in IPL. Butler did this feat last season.