Sports Desk (Chennai). In the opening match of IPL-12, Chennai Super Kings defeated Royal Challengers Bangalore by 7 wickets. While batting first, losing the toss in the match, the Bangalore team was all out for 70 runs. In reply, Chennai got the target by losing three wickets in 17.4 overs. Chennai's spin bowlers took eight wickets in the match. Harbhajan was chosen Player of the Match for his fantastic bowling.
Virat's team broke their last shameful record …
In this match, the Bangalore team broke their own shameful record. While batting first, batting first, Virat's team scored 70 runs, which is the lowest score of the tournament's opening match in IPL history.
The previous record was also in the name of the team of Bengaluru. In IPL 2008, the Bangalore team got stuck on 82 runs in front of Kolkata on their home ground. Then he made these runs in the second innings.
– It has happened twice in the IPL history so that when a team is out on a score of 100 runs in the first match of the tournament. Both times the work has been done by the RCB.
10 batsmen could not make double runs in double digits
– In this match, 10 batsmen from the Bangalore team including captain Virat could not make runs in double digits. This is the second worst performance of any team in the opening match.
This was the fourth chance in IPL history when 10 teams of any team could not score runs in double digits. Four times this shameful record was made by the team of the Bangalore team.
– This is the third opportunity when the Bangalore team suffered a loss in the first match of the tournament. Bangalore's seventh consecutive loss against Chennai was the same. For the last 5 years, Bengaluru team does not win from Chennai. His last win against Chennai was in 2014.
Raina completes 5000 IPL runs
In addition to this, during the match, Chennai's batsmen Suresh Raina completed his 5000 runs in the IPL. They are the world's first cricketer to do this. In his 177 innings of 177 IPL matches, 5004 runs have been scored. After them Virat Kohli is. Who scored 4954 runs in 164 matches
– It has happened in the tournament seven years later and for the second time, when spinners took eight wickets in an innings of a match. Earlier in 2012, Chennai spinners took eight wickets in an innings against Deccan Chargers.
– In the match, Chennai's bowler Harbhajan Singh (3/20) gave three shocks. After this Imran Tahir took three wickets and quickly rearranged Bengaluru. Parthiv top scored with 26 runs. The 10 batsmen did not touch the 10th position of the team.