PCB Asks Umar Akmal to Return Payment for Psl 2020 Who is Suspended Due to Match Fixing Allegations | PCB asks Umar Akmal, accused of match fixing, to return advance check of PSL, investigation continues - Online Betting Guides
Connect with us

Sports News

PCB Asks Umar Akmal to Return Payment for Psl 2020 Who is Suspended Due to Match Fixing Allegations | PCB asks Umar Akmal, accused of match fixing, to return advance check of PSL, investigation continues

Omar Akmal faces match-fixing allegations just before PSL started on February 22
The PCB has asked Omar to return the advance payment check to the PCB as soon as possible

Dainik BhaskarFeb 28, 2020, 03:09 PM IST Sports Desk. Pakistan's middle order batsman Omar Akmal, accused of match and spot fixing, has suffered another setback. After being out of the Pakistan Super League (PSL), the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has now asked him to return the advance payment check immediately. The PSL began on 22 February. It is alleged that Umar was in contact with the bookies. PCB has suspended this batsman, prohibiting him from taking part in any cricket activity.

According to the news agency, the Anti Corruption Unit of PCB is investigating against Omar. In the PSL, Omar Quetta plays for the Gladiators. According to the rules, 70 percent of the total contract amount is given as advance check to every player participating in the league. The remaining 30 per cent of the money is paid after the tournament ends. Omar has been asked to return the check for the 70% amount given in advance. This check is issued by the PCB itself. Quetta's team has replaced all-rounder Anwar Ali in the squad in place of Omar.

The tapes were taped by Umar's phone 'Geo News', revealing the reason for suspension of Omar, citing sources. The PCB did not formally provide any information. According to the report, the Anti Corruption Unit of the PCB had been monitoring Omar for several days. He was in contact with the bookies before PSL started. He had a long conversation with the bookies for four consecutive days. The PCB recorded this conversation. When Akmal himself did not inform the PCB, action was taken.

According to Faisaliport at midnight, PCB chief Ehsan Mani, CEO Wasim Khan and Quetta Gladiators owner Nadeem Khan Karachi met at a hotel in Karachi around 10 pm on 20 February. First they talked to each other. After this, Umar was called there. Omar denied the allegations at first but could not explain when the PCB showed him the evidence. Around 4 pm, the PCB decided to suspend Omar. Quetta Gladiators coach Moin Khan was asked to feed another player in place of Omar. Not only that, both the phones of Umar Akmal were also taken by PCB. Another media report claimed that Omar had made preparations for spot fixing in the first match. For this, he was also signed with the bookies.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Sports News