Sports Desk (Ranchi). The third ODI between India and Australia is to be played at the JSCA Stadium in Ranchi on March 8 (Friday). This is also the home ground of Ground Mahendra Singh Dhoni. It is believed that this will be his last match at the domestic ground. After this, the Jharkhand State Cricket Association is making special preparations to make his last match memorable. On this occasion, the pavilion of his name will also be inaugurated here. The special thing is that when Dhoni was asked to inaugurate it, he refused to do so with very decency.
By saying this, Dhoni has refused …
– JSCA (Jharkhand State Cricket Association) has made special preparations to make Dhoni's last match memorable in the Ranchi Stadium. The pavilion of his name will be inaugurated on this occasion.
JSCA wanted Dhoni to inaugurate the MS Dhoni Pavilion, but he refused to do so with very decency. He said, is there anyone who inaugurates his own home?
– JSCA secretary Debashish Chakraborty said that we were planning to open the inaugural stand of their name before the third ODI against Australia on March 8. When we asked him about this, he said, 'Dada, I am a part of this, what will the house boy do in his own house?'
– Dhoni said that if I inaugurated it, then I would feel that I am not part of this ground. With his humility and simplicity, Dhoni made everyone his own.
Farewell match being considered for this reason
– Dhoni has been in international cricket for 15 years. It is believed that after the Cricket World Cup 2019, they will retire from international cricket. In such a situation, the matches in the Ranchi stadium will be recorded as the last match of their home ground.
Dhoni's record on home ground is not good. He has played just three matches here, he has not been able to play a big innings in one of these. He has scored 21 runs here. In such a situation, they would like to make this match memorable while making an explosive batting in their last match here.
Such is India's record in Ranchi
– The Indian cricket team has played 4 ODIs at the Ranchi ground, India has won 2 of these and has lost in 1 match. While one match was canceled due to rain.
– Team India played the last match on this field against New Zealand on October 26, 2016. In which Team India had to face defeat by 19 runs.
Ranchi braces itself for the 3rd ODI between #TeamIndia and Australia #INDvAUS @Paytm pic.twitter.com/58oTPxLYlF
– BCCI (@BCCI) 7 March 2019