Sports Desk (Delhi). One of the world's greatest swimmers and most successful Olympian athlete Michael Phelps is in India these days. They have come to India for a promotional program. During this time on Tuesday (March 26th), he reached Delhi's Ferozeshah Kotla ground, where the match was played between Delhi Capitals and Chennai Super Kings in the IPL tournament. This match was won by the Chennai team by 6 wickets. Phelps enjoyed the match for a while while staying in the stadium. This was the first time when they saw a cricket match. However, due to lack of popularity in India, most of the people present there could not recognize them.
Phelps is called Flying Fish …
Explaining this, a BCCI official told that "Phelps had never seen a cricket match, in such a way that it was the best opportunity to enjoy India's most popular sport. He came here as a guest of the Delhi Capitals team, who invited him with the help of his sponsor.
– This is the first India visit of 33-year-old athlete in Baltimore, USA. They reached the stadium after the start of the match and they watched the match for about an hour. However, it is not known how much he enjoyed seeing this match.
– Let's say that Phelps has 28 Olympic medals, 23 of which are Gold Medal. With 28 medals, he is the world's highest Olympic medal athlete Apart from this, he is also the highest gold medal (23) winning athlete. Due to their tremendous swim record, they are also called 'flying fish'.
– IPL shared photos on their official Twitter account, 'Flying Fish' @MichaelPhelps in the house (Today 'Flying Fish' Michael Phelps has come to the match.)
'Flying Fish' @MichaelPhelps in the house 😍😍 pic.twitter.com/pm9UCi6A1i
– IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) 26 March 2019
Chennai beat Delhi
– Chennai Super Kings defeated Delhi Capitals by six wickets in their second match of IPL-12 In the match, Delhi first scored 147 runs on 6 wickets. In reply, Chennai achieved the target by losing four wickets in 19.4 overs.
– Chennai defeated Overall Delhi 13th time With this, the Chennai team has become the fourth team to defeat Delhi in most matches. Punjab, Kolkata and Bengaluru also defeated Delhi 13-13 times.
– Shane Watson player of the match selected for 44 runs in the match for Chennai in the match. In his bowling ball he made 4 fours and three sixes. With this, his 3221 runs were also completed in the tournament. Now 13 batsmen have scored more than 3200 runs.