Sports Desk (New Delhi). Delhi Capitals defeated Kolkata Knight Riders in a match played on Saturday in IPL-12. After the two teams were on the scoreboard, the match was decided by super over. In the super over, Delhi had scored 10/1 in the first game, in reply, the Kolkata team could have scored 7/1. Rabada consistently replaced the match by putting the yorker ball. Earlier, KKR had scored 185/8 in 20 overs before the match, while the Delhi team also scored 185/6 in reply.
– During the super over, Rishabh Pant and captain Shreyas Iyer landed for batting on behalf of Delhi, while the famous cricketer bowed on behalf of Kolkata bowled. During this, Pant, where 6 runs on 4 balls, Iyer scored 4 runs on two balls.
– In reply, Russell gave the chorus on the first ball of fast bowler Kagiso Rabada from Kolkata. The ball was not scored on the second ball and Russell became bold on the third ball. On the next three balls, one run was scored.
– Kolkata Super Kings could score only 7 runs on six balls of Super Over. Delhi's team won for the first time in Super Over. Earlier it was defeated in Bangalore in 2013. Calcutta, on the other hand, lost in the super over for the third time.
– In 2009 and 2014, Rajasthan had defeated Kolkata in a super over. Earlier, Kolkata had scored 185 runs in the match first. In reply, Delhi's team could only score 185 runs.
– Chasing target, Prithvi Shaw (99) got good batting for Delhi, but he missed out with a strike from just one run. In the last over, Delhi were to score 6 runs to win. But Delhi's batsmen Kuldeep could only score 5 runs in the over.
– Earth Shaw Player of the match playing 99 in the match. Shaw became the second player to get out on 99. Earlier, in the year 2013 Kohli was also dismissed for 99 runs.
Rubbing your point
– During the SuperOver, while batting first, the Delhi team scored 10 runs. Which is the lowest score made during the Super Bowl in the IPL history. To save this score, Delhi captain Shreyas Iyer said that only one thing was going on in his mind that if all the ball yorkers were cast then the score of 10 runs could be saved.
– According to Aiyar, he gave the ball to Rabda by thinking of this. He said, "Before the SuperOver, there was talk of Mary and Rabada, during this time, Rabada told me that they would put all the ball yorkers. To do this, some special skills are needed. ' On the other hand, Rabada says that we did not know who is going to get bowling in Supercomputer. When he asked me to call then I was walking around wearing shorts.
Along with this, Iyer also said that when we needed 6 runs in the last over to win, we did not think that the match would last until the last over. But Kuldeep Yadav scored only 5 runs in the last over and took the wicket to give the match super over.