Sports Minister said after cabinet meeting- We decided to stop the entry of fans in the stadium
The highest number of cases in Europe were confirmed in Italy, 80 patients were found positive so far
Dainik BhaskarFeb 25, 2020, 08:15 AM IST Sports Desk. Given the growing cases of Coronavirus in Italy, the Serie-A and Europa Football League will be in the vacant stadium. Sports Minister Vincenzo Spadaphora made the announcement after a cabinet meeting on Monday.
The Sports Minister said after the meeting that the number of infected with Kovid-19 in the country is continuously increasing. Sports events are already banned in 6 cities of Northern Italy. Therefore, we have decided to keep the entry of fans in the stadium closed. However, the Sports Minister did not say how many matches the impact of this ban would have on Serie-A. So far 5 people have died due to the virus in the country, while 80 cases have been confirmed.
The league is to have 6 matches in Coronavirus-affected Northern Italy. It also includes the match of Yuvants on Sunday and the Inter Milan placed third in the league.
There will also be no entry of spectators in the Inter Milan-Ludogorets match
Inter Milan has also decided that the entry of the spectators will be banned in the match against Ludogorets in Europa League on Thursday this week. The club issued a statement saying the decision was taken after talks with Uefa, Lombardi's regional health officer and Milan City Council. However, there is currently no crisis in the Champions League on Tuesday when the match between Napoli and Barcelona is held.