London's prestigious 'The Mall' was held on May 30 at the Cricket World Cup 2019 Opening Ceremonies
After the opening ceremony, Buckingham Palace visited the Queen to meet all the captains of the teams.
Sports desk After being the inaugural Ceremonies of Cricket World 2019 in London, the captain of all the 10 teams had reached Buckingham Palace. Here he met the British Queen Elizabeth. Photo op was also done. All Captain Blazers and Suits had reached here, while Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed Salwar was seen in the shirt. Some people made fun of him on social media, while most people supported their simplicity. Along with the Pakistani people, many people in India have praised their simplicity on social media. Sarfaraz also told the reason for doing this. They say that salwar kameez is Pakistan's national dress, he wore it with great pride.
Sarabharaj did this by the PCB directive …
– Surfraj wore salwar-kameez while meeting with the Queen of Britain. However, during the photo session, he wore a team blazer on his shirt.
– When the press conference was asked about Sarfaraz's reason for doing so, he told that he is a national dress of his country and he was very proud to wear it. According to them, the PCB (Pakistan Cricket Board) also instructed them to propagate the culture of the country.
– Sarfaraz said, 'You know that what I was wearing there was our national costume and it was nice to wear it. PCB also instructed us to wear national dress while adhering to the protocol. So, I was just trying to promote my story. "
– According to Sarfaraz, 'I felt very proud of doing this as a captain. Because where all the other captains were wearing the suit, only I went wearing my country's national outfit. '
Describing the meeting with Queen Elizabeth and Prince Harry, the Pakistani captain said that meeting him was a matter of honor. According to Sarfaraz, Prince Harry expressed his desire to call him during the meeting.
– Sarfaraz said, "Prince asked me what I do and when I told him that I am a wicketkeeper-batsmen, he said he would like to bowl me someday.
The captains from all ten # CWC19 sides met Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Sussex at Buckingham Palace earlier today. pic.twitter.com/ejorQW1dvN
– Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) May 29, 2019
People did support Sarfaraz
I am a 21st Century Indian and I have a respect ✊ for the Captain of Pakistan 🇵🇰 National Cricket 🏏 Team Sarfaraz Ahmed for being the only one ☝️ representing his country in a traditional dress of Pakistan. # LoveandRespectForAll @ SarfarazA_54 pic.twitter.com com / 2Zn6C1j109
– Abhishek Kapoor (@ Real_Ak10) May 30, 2019
Is it me or is Sarfaraz the only Captain without a Tie? Love them or hate them, but you are the best of the Pakistaniis 👏 # CWC19 #Pakistan #Cricket #Humour pic.twitter.com/x6BXoBXokB
– Amit Sharma 🇿🇦 🇮🇳 (@HRguyAmit) May 30, 2019
@ SarfarazA_54 wearing shalwar kurta … feel proud..🇵🇰
Morever … he is smiling thats good sign 😁😅 # WeHaveWeWill
– Junaid Basharat (@AmRealJB) May 29, 2019
Sarfarz wearing Traditional dress … Love you captain 😍😍
– Mo ح sin🇵🇰 (@ IamMohsin10) May 29, 2019
Sarfaraz Ahmed proudly wearing shalwar kameez for his meeting with the queen # CWC19 pic.twitter.com/ASx7HsaV3z
– Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) May 29, 2019