The last match of the three match series between Bangladesh and New Zealand was to be held from March 16
Bangladesh Cricket Board spokesman Jalal Yunus said that the team is safe but in shock
Christchurch. The New Zealand tour of Bangladesh cricket team has been canceled after the shooting of Al-Noor and another mosque in New Zealand. The New Zealand Cricket Board has given this information. Players say that they have never seen such a horrific appearance before. So far 27 people have been killed in the firing incident. However, all the players of Bangladesh cricket team are safe.
The last match of the three-match series was to be played in Christchurch from March 16 between Bangladesh and New Zealand. Bangladesh's tour of New Zealand was from 10 February to 20 March. The New Zealand Cricket Board has expressed its condolences to the families affected by this incident. The Board tweeted, "Both cricket boards have decided to cancel the Christchurch Test. Reiterate that both the teams and their support staff are safe.
Our heartfelt condolences go out to the families and friends of those affected by the shocking situation in Christchurch A joint decision between NZC and the @BCBtigers has been made to cancel the Hagley Oval Test. Again, both teams and support staff groups are safe.
– BLACKCAPS (@BLACKCAPS) March 15, 2019
Bangladesh team escaped from a mosque near Hagley Park where there were active shooters. They ran back through the Hagley Park back to the Oval pic.twitter.com/VtkqSrljjV
– Mohammad Isam (@ Isam84) March 15, 2019
The team was asked to stay at the hotel
According to ESPN Cricinfo, some members of the Bangladesh team were heading towards Mosque on Friday for prayers. His bus reached the mosque only, then this incident happened. Now the team has returned to their hotel. Bangladesh Cricket Board spokesman Jalal Yunus told the news agency that most of the members of the team were going to the mosque from the bus to read the afternoon prayers. They were about to go inside that only then this incident happened. However, they are all safe, but they are in deep shock. We have asked the team to stay inside the hotel. '
Pray for us: Tamim Iqbal
Bangladesh cricketer Tamim Iqbal tweeted, "The whole team is safe from the attackers. It's been a horrific experience. pray for us.'
Entire team got saved from active shooters !!! Frightening experience and please keep us in your prayers #christchurchmosqueAttack
– Tamim Iqbal Khan (@ TamimOfficial28) March 15, 2019
Team Manager exposed to both boards
Bangladesh team manager Khalil Masood is in touch with both cricket boards. Most coaching staff is also in the hotel. However, team head coach Steve Rhodes was on the field. Liton Das and Naeem Hassan have also returned to the hotel.
Bangladeshi wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim tweeted himself as a lucky one.
Alhamdulillah Allah save us today while shooting in Christchurch in the mosque … we r extremely lucky … never want to see this things happen again …. pray for us
– Mushfiqur Rahim (@ mushfiqur15) March 15, 2019
Srinivas, the performance and strategic analyst of the Bangladesh team, tweeted that there was an atmosphere of frustration everywhere.
Just escaped active shooters !!! Heartbeats pumping badly and panic everywhere !! #ChristchurchMosque
– Shrinivas (@ chinu1501) March 15, 2019
All members of the Bangladesh Cricket Team in Christchurch, New Zealand are safely back in the hotel shooting in the city after the incident. The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is in constant contact with the players and team management. #ChristchurchMosqueAttack
– Bangladesh Cricket (@BCBtigers) March 15, 2019