Gross Islet. In the fifth and final ODI of the ODI series, the West Indies defeated England by 7 wickets. Along with this, the series ended with a 2-2 draw. In the last match of the series Chris Gayle scored 77 runs in 27 balls while batting a stormy batting. In which he planted five boundaries and nine sixes. He had completed his Fifty on just 19 balls. Thanks to their same innings, the West Indies achieved the target of 114 runs in just 12.1 overs. In this five-match series, Gayle scored 424 runs in four innings and also broke many records.
424 runs scored in four innings of ODI series
– Gayle scored 424 runs in four innings of five matches of the series. Which includes two Centuries and two Fifty. During this, he also employed 20 boundaries and 39 sixes. His average 106 and strike rate was 134.17.
With the addition of so many runs, Gayle has become the first cricketer of the world to score the most runs in four innings of any ODI series.
Record of the most six injections in a series
– Gayle scored 39 sixes in four innings during this series. Along with this, he broke Rohit Sharma's previous record of putting the most sixes in one ODI series. Rohit had scored 23 sixes in six innings of the one-day series against Australia in 2015.
The oldest cricketer to get 'Man of the Series' (jointly)
– Gail was chosen Player of the Series because of the performance of the series in the series. He won this award at 39 years and 162 days. Along with this, he became the oldest cricketer in the world to become Man of the Series at the earliest age. Prior to Gayle, Imran Tahir of South Africa also won the title 39 years and 162 days.
Most Sixs on a Baller
– Gayle put 11 balls on the ball of English bowler Moin Ali in this series. In any one-day series, this is the highest six of the one batsmen on one baller's ball.
Became the 14th cricketer to score 10,000 runs
During this series, Gayle also completed his 10,000 runs in ODI career. He is the 14th cricketer in the world to score 10,000 or more runs in ODIs. He also became the oldest cricketer to touch 10 thousand runs. They have 10151 ODI runs. These include 25 Century
– Gayle is the second West Indian batsman to score 10,000 runs. Prior to them, West Indian Brian Lara has made this achievement his name. Lara completed his 10 thousand runs in 278 innings of 287 ODIs. Gayle touched this figure in the 282nd innings of 288 matches.
Gayle broke Sammy's record
Gayle scored 77 runs in 27 balls with the help of 5 fours and 9 sixes in the last ODI of the series. During the match, he completed his half-century in 19 balls. He is the first batsmen of the West Indies to make ODIs at such a low ball. Before that, this record was Darren Sammy's name. Who scored 50 off 20 balls against South Africa in 2010.
Last ODI summary
England: 113 (28.1 overs)
Windies: 115 (12.1 overs)