The board had issued a separate e-mail ID, asking for applications by 24 January; Sivaramakrishnan sent an email on 22 January
After the end of the tenure of Chief Selector MSK Prasad and Gagan Khoda, the Board had invited applications for two posts.
Dainik BhaskarFeb 16, 2020, 04:50 PM IST Sports Desk. The application sent by former Indian cricketer Laxman Sivaramakrishnan to BCCI's e-mail for the Chief Selector of the Indian team was deleted from the board's inbox. Sivaramakrishnan says that he sent this e-mail two days before the due date. Now the board, with the help of its technical team, is trying to know how this email was deleted from the inbox or went to the spam folder.
According to media reports, he sent his CV via e-mail to BCSI 48 hours before the due date, which is missing from the inbox. Some people say that this mail was not received, while some say that it was deleted. Some are referring to it being reported as spam. However, close to this former cricketer says that he sent the application on the official e-mail of the board 2 days before the deadline. In such a situation, their application will be invalid, it is not possible.
According to the report, this former Indian cricketer sent this e-mail on January 22 at 4.16 pm. The last date to apply was 24 January. Its record is in the St. box of his e-mail. The BCCI had separately created a new email ID for the contenders for the post of selector. On this, all 21 applications came. Now the question arises how an application can disappear from this e-mail ID, while they sent it through official link.
BCCI's technical team investigating BCCI is now trying to get back the former cricketer's e-mail. The technical team is working for this. It is also trying to find out if this email was not intentionally deleted or received as spam. According to board sources, it appears to be a case of molestation. Therefore, it will be examined in depth. According to the information, his e-mail account can be checked by calling Sivaramakrishnan.
The tenure of BCCI chief selectors MSK Prasad and Gagan Khoda ended last month, with Sivaramakrishnan and Agarkar leading the race to become the chief selector. However, the remaining three members of the Senior Selection Committee will continue in the Sarandeep Singh, Jatin Paranjpe and Dewang Gandhi Committee. His term will end in late 2020. The board had invited applications for two vacant posts in the selection committee on 18 January. Apart from Laxman Sivaramakrishnan, former Indian fast bowlers Ajit Agarkar, Chetan Sharma, Nayan Mongia have also applied. Sivaramakrishnan has played 9 Tests and 16 ODIs for India.
Experience of at least 7 Tests is necessary to become a senior team selector According to the conditions issued by the board to become a selector of the Indian team, according to the conditions, the same player will remain in the post, who has at least 7 Tests or 30 first class. Will experience Players who have played 10 ODIs and 20 first-class matches will also be able to apply. In addition, the applicant must have been at least 5 years old to retire. A provision has also been made regarding the age of the player who becomes a member of the National Selection Committee. According to this, the age should not be more than 60 years.