Sports Desk (Jaipur). In their first match of IPL-12, Kings XI Punjab defeated Rajasthan Royals by 14 runs. There is a dispute about the dismissal of Rajasthan batsman Batman, Jos Buttler in this match. Before bowling out at the non-strik and ending the crease, he was caught by Punjab captain R. Ashwin got out in the 'Mankad' manner. Out of this manner, he became the first batsmen of the IPL. On the other hand, after the dismissal of Ashwin, many players described it as contrary to game spirit. Responding to this, Ashwin said, "Whatever I did was not a part of any plan, I did everything by staying within the rules."
Butler is the first player to get out of the 'Mankning' rule
In the 13th over when Ashwin bowled, Butler standing on non-striker end went out of the crease. At the same time, Ashwin screwed Butler's gillery. Butler was dropped out of the 'Manking' rule.
If batsmen stand at the non striker end in the match and get out of the crease before the bowler gets out of the ball, and if the bowler tries to break the cuffs by hitting the ball at the stumps, then to say that the run out is called 'mankding'.
– He became the first player of the IPL to be out of the rule. This kind of first wicket in Cricket History was taken by India's Venu Mankad on 13 December 1947 while dismissing Australian batsman Bill Brown. For this reason it is called 'mankding'.
– In other Indian players, Kapil Dev was able to dismiss Peter Kirsten in the same way during the 1992-93 tour of South Africa. It is not the first time that Butler has been dismissed this way before, in the first match against Sri Lanka in 2014, Sri Lankan bowler Succeeded by Senanayake, he was run out in 'Mankad' manner.
Chris Gayle becomes 'Player of the Match'
– Earlier, batting first in the match, Punjab's team made Chris Gayle (79 off 47 balls) with the help of Fifty to score 184 runs in four wickets in 20 overs. In reply, Punjab's team could score 170 runs on 9 wickets.
– During his match in the match, Chris Gayle completed his 4000 runs in the IPL tournament. He achieved this position in 112 innings of the tournament. Along with that, he has also become the fastest player to score 4000 runs in the tournament. He became the second overseas and overall 9th cricketer to do this. Earlier Warner had done this in 114 innings.
– Punjab has defeated Rajasthan for the first time in the house. Rajasthan had won all five of its earlier matches. After chasing the target, captain Rahane (27) and Butler (68) gave good start to the team.
– Ashwin dismissed Butler controversially on the fifth ball of the 13th over. The score of the team was 148 runs at a time. The team lost five wickets in 16 runs.
can you believe Ashwin world's best spinner😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/P3S2uuHKXp
– ketan sawant (@ SawantKetan225) 25 March 2019