Kolkata. Kolkata Knight Riders defeated Kings XI Punjab by 28 runs in the match played in IPL-12 on Wednesday. In the match, KKR scored a score of 218/4 in the first game. In reply, Punjab's team could only manage 190 runs for 4 wickets. On behalf of Punjab, David Miller (59 *) and Mayank Agarwal (58 not out) scored an innings. Andre Russell hit a brilliant 48-ball innings on 17 balls from Kolkata. He got a lifeline in the match when he was only playing on 3 runs. This mistake made the team of Punjab very heavy. Shami bowled them, but the ball was later termed no-ball. The special thing is that there was no mistake of Shami in this.
Earlier, KKR scored 218 for 4 wickets while batting first. This KKR is the third highest score in the IPL. It is also the biggest score of the Eden Gardens in the IPL. Earlier, Eden's biggest score was made by Mumbai Indians (210/6) last year.
– Kolkata made its biggest score in the last season. Then he scored a score of 245/6 against Kings XI Punjab in Indore. KKR's second highest score is 222/3. In 2008, he made it against Royal Challengers Bangalore in Bangalore.
– Robin Uthappa scored an innings of 67 * off KKR. This was his 24th fifa, while Nitish Rana scored 63 runs. Uthappa and Nitish shared a 110-run partnership for the third wicket. Nitish fizzed in the second match in a row.
– This is the 16th time when KKR defeated Punjab. With this victory, Kolkata's team has become the team that defeats Punjab most often. André Russell became the player of the match.
– Andre Russell hit an unbeaten 48 off just 17 balls with three fours and five sixes, and then hit two fours in 21 overs with three wickets in three overs. In addition to Chris Gayle of his own country, he also handed Sarfaraz Khan to the pavilion.
Losing livelihood to Russel
– During the innings of Kolkata, Shami dropped 17th over from Punjab. At the last ball of this over, he bowled Andre Russell off the Yorker Ball. Russell was playing with 3 runs in 4 balls at that time.
– After the dismissal of Russell, all the players celebrate and celebrate. But then the umpire termed Shami's ball as a no ball. In fact, due to the standing of three players inside the circle, the umpire called it a no ball.
According to the rules, four players in the power play must be inside the circle. Russell took a tremendous advantage of this lifespan and got 45 runs off the next 12 balls. That led to Kolkata's score of 218 runs.